I don't always agree with Mike Boone, but this time I do. I think Josh Gorges has something to offer the Habs this year.
In a funny way, some fans are dismissing Gorges as some small Sharks cast-off. A veteran who couldn't cut it in the West. Well, he's no such thing. If Josh Gorges were drafted and bred in Hamilton, then I feel that Canadiens fans would be calling for him in Montreal.
Some things you should know about Josh:
1) His last name is Gorges (not Georges)
2) He is younger than bona fide prospect O'Byrne
3) He cracked the Sharks at age 21, youg for a defenseman and already has 104 games in the NHL under his belt at 23
4) He was the captain of his junior team
5) He led a team with only one current NHLer (Shea Weber) to a Memorial Cup (2003-04)
6) He was born the same day (one year earlier) than Weber his Kelowna teammate
7) He posted 15 points in 17 games in that Cup run (2003-04)
8) He was better than point-per-game in 2002-03 in both the regular season and in the playoffs (20 points in 19 games in the playoffs)
9) Played for Team Canada at WJCs
10) Mike Boone likes him to make the team this year
11) So do I
Flyers to honour franchise's greatest player
1 hour ago