Thursday, August 21, 2008

Je me souviens

Add world-class memory to the skills possessed by Georges Laraque.

In this article from the Edmonton Sun, via HI/O, he claims his memories of the Habs winning all those Cups in his childhood were reasons to choose Montreal over Edmonton:

"When I was a kid, I remember they were winning all the Stanley Cups and every kid on the street had a Habs jersey," Laraque said.



I just found it a bit odd, so I went to check how old Georges was. All I can say is that Georges must have a really impressive memory (remembering with impressive clarity his first 2 years of life). Because Georges, buddy, it was in fact the very Oilers you rejected who were winning all the Cups in your childhood.


Maybe he should have just told the Edmonton guys the truth:

"I think Montreal has a better chance of winning than you guys. Plus, they offered me more money, and I get to cosy up to RDS for my career after fighting."

No comments:

Post a Comment