Wednesday, October 22, 2008

100 Years: 98 Octobers

Gosh, I'm nitpicking today. Sorry. Guess I had quite a day at work, didn't even realise...

IN more news that gets on my nerves, this:

100 Seasons of October

I've been relatively lenient with the headline writers with their 100 seaosns of this and that, but this takes the cake...

I think one is right to expect at least a sliver of research from the employees of the official website of the team we all love. I can't even count the number of friends I have now that cover this team for free in a conscientious and professional way.

All of them know that the Canadiens franchise was born in December 1909. Most of them remember that we missed a whole season. Many know a heck of a lot more than that.

Adding it all up, that's 98 Octobers for the Montreal Canadiens. Not 100. I can't say I'm surprised that his erroneous info popped up where it did and not on one of the well-written amateur sites. But frankly I still expect a paid employee of the team to know that.

There, it's off my chest.

Wow, sorry about that, won't happen again...

No comments:

Post a Comment