Friday, February 20, 2009

Price Vs. Pogge

I was a bit angry with Carey Price again after the latest debacle. On a whim, I decided to search Google with the following terms:

Carey
Price
Pathetic

Nothing too interesting came up, but I did find one thing. Apparently a couple of days ago, Ron Wilson of the Toronto Maple Leafs said this:
"I don’t want Justin Pogge to be what Carey Price is today, a shell of himself..."

Even better, I followed the links to find the original interview with Ron Wilson (which you can listen to on Toronto's Fan 590 here).

Wilson himself comes across incredibly well. I have to say I was thoroughly impressed as I could be with a Leafs coach. His bit about Pogge and how to develop a goalie naturally leads him to question what Gainey and the Canadiens have done with young Carey.

So, you see, we must reserve some scorn we toss at the boy for the men who thought they could defy conventional wisdom this time and gambled more than we might have wanted them to on a quick fix for the Habs. Whether they took the experiment too far is playing out right before our eyes right now.


Anyway, as I gradually resign myself to another Carey price start on the weekend; i find myself hoping and hoping that he can sort himself out (starting out with the tragically slow glove hand).

So, Carey, in the illustrious words of new itunes heroes of mine:
And you will try to do what you did before
Pull the wool over your eyes for a week or more
Let your family take you back to your original mind


Go Habs Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment